Wow! What a week this has been!
CJ and I left Nashville around 4pm on 11/3 and arrived in Hong Kong 27 hours later on 11/5. We never saw 11/4. (That's a weird feeling to "skip" an entire day).
I will admit that I was happy about our 6 hour layover in Los Angeles. It gave me a chance to cruise out of the airport and over to the nearest In-N-Out Burger for my Double Double fix.
Our flight from LA to Hong Kong was 15 hours...ugh! And the girl next to me was sick...double ugh! But we made it, and so far we are still healthy.
The Redwines are flying over Alaska on their way to Hong Kong! They will be 14 hours ahead during most of their trip.
It's been a long five plus years, but late last week CJ and I finally got to see our beautiful daughter's face for the first time.
She is from the Jiangxi province. We should be traveling around mid-November to get her.
Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers.
As many of you know, my wife, C.J., and I are adopting a little girl from China. We have been in the process now for 5 years and the end of the road is finally near.
We should be getting a picture of our beautiful little girl in the next week or two.
If you know anyone who has done an international adoption you know how expensive the process is. C.J. and I are doing a really cool fundraiser right now that not only helps us get our baby girl home, but it also helps a local widow.
Many of you have been following our (very) long process of adopting our beautiful baby girl from China.
C.J. and I have good news! It looks like we are about 30 to 60 days from finding out who she is and where she is. We will then travel to China to get her about six weeks after that.
I can't even begin to tell you how excited we are. We started the process almost five years ago, and to know that our daughter is almost here is incredible.
Way to go Landon Donovan and the rest of the guys playing hard for the USA in the 2010 World Cup in South Africa! The team just advanced to the next round of the tournament.
1. I am the king of the Lazy River. All should address me as such from now on.
2. Bikinis are not for everyone.
3. Wearing extra clothing in the pool does not necessarily mean the person doing it is self-consious. They are probably just really nice and not subjecting you to a violation of point number 2.
4. Children can go all day at a water park and still seem strong going to bed, but heaven help the parent that has to wake them the next morning.
5. You can get a lot of housework done by your children with the promise of a day at the water park.